The Instituto Cervantes was created in Spain in 1991 to promote the Spanish language and cultures of Spanish-speaking countries. Our Head Office is in Madrid and Alcalá de Henares (Madrid), the birthplace of the writer Miguel de Cervantes.
The Instituto Cervantes has over sixty centers in four continents.
Our organization also:
• Organizes the Diplomas of Spanish as a Foreign Language (DELE).
• Organizes Spanish courses.
• Organizes Spanish teacher training.
• Supports Hispanits in their work.
• Organizes cultural events in conjunction with other organizations.