Al Mouna Library aims at offering a rewarding, welcoming and interactive environment to research, study, work, and enjoy. Through services that meet personal and professional needs.
The library collection includes up to 18000 resources in Arabic, English, French, German, Romanian, Chinese, Italian, Greek and Spanish. The collection covers a wide variety of topics ranging from philosophy, art, science, economics, languages, law to architecture. The library also offers specialized books for university and vocational students and professionals of different fields. Most of the resources are available on the library’s online catalogue. Other than books, Al Mouna library contains up to 80 magazines with monthly subscriptions covering different fields from business to computer to science, such as Harvard Business Review. The library offers a variety of local newspapers and a section designated for UN publications.
Al Mouna Library also offers events, projects, workshops and programs throughout the year such as: book signings and poetry evenings, in addition to projects executed in collaboration with Assabil Association, Goethe Institute, and other local and foreign NGOs.
- Library collection includes up to 18000 resources in Arabic, English, French, German, Romanian, Chinese, Italian, Greek and Spanish.
- Members can borrow 3 books for 14 days that can be renewed by email or by calling the library.
- HDSL internet connection on 8 computer terminals at the reading area in addition to wireless connection.
- Photocopy machine that allows members to photocopy and print documents in black and white.
- Electronic Catalogue that allows easy search for any of the library resources in Arabic, English and French
- Online Catalogue that can be accessed through our website which offers users the possibility to have a look at our collection remotely.
- A collection of documentaries and cultural movies that can be watched on 4 VCR - DVD players at the library
- Newly released books corner displaying latest publications and books.
- Up to 80 magazines covering different fields from business to computer to science… such as Harvard business review, Revue du praticien, Popular Science, Computer arts…
- All Lebanese and local newspapers
- An archive unit designated for access to 30 magazine collections.
- A corner for UN publications including ESCWA and WHO reports for researchers
- A reading area where members can enjoy reading and studying in a quiet atmosphere.
- Tour guides explaining about the different sections of the library and on using the catalogue.
- Events, projects, workshops and programs throughout the year such as: book signings, poetry evenings, storytelling, reading activities in addition to projects executed in collaboration with Assabil Association, Goethe Institute, and other local and foreign NGOs.